Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A dark pine dining set gets a second life

Lots of furniture deserves a second life. That's the point for me- there's so much really really great furniture out there that just needs a little touch up, some fresh paint, a new surface, and it can be  wonderful once again. There's no need to go out and buy new furniture. Trust me- that stuff's soooo cheaply made. Why not get something that's solid wood and built to last! I found this dining set at the Lion's Club tag sale in Hebron. I bought almost every piece of furniture they had available. I was immensely excited to get started on the set, and because it was a custom order for a client, I got to be a little adventurous. I sanded the table top and then just used a little pickled oak stain to really make the wood grain pop. I painted the chairs and table legs a white that had just the tiniest hint of a dove gray undertone, just to soften the white a bit. I distressed all the painted portions and then applied a layer of furniture wax and buffed. I really wanted to showcase the absolutely tremendous pine in the tabletop- so pretty. The goal was a Swedish Rustic look- light and bright and organic and interesting. Isn't it beautiful?? I love it, and was sad to see the set go, but know it's in a great new home where. Before and after pictures below ~




















No comments:

Post a Comment