Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Modern Cottage Dining Set

We were on our way to get new tires on our little Yaris on Saturday Afternoon. The clouds were looming overhead and it was about to start pouring. We had just turned off our side street onto Main Street when I yelled "Brian! Stop!"
I couldn't believe it- There was a huge, furniture heavy, tagsale happening right around the corner from our house, and somehow I had missed it that morning! My husband is a patient man, and pulled over to let me hop out and dash over to see if there was anything refinishable before the skies opened up. When he saw that I was buying a dining set he zipped home, traded the car for the truck, and met me at the end of the driveway to load up this gorgeous solid oak set. We unloaded it and brought it into our kitchen just as the first rain drops started falling.
Somethings I have to sit on for a while. I have to think about what I want to do with them, or they have a tricky problem that I don't yet feel like fixing. Not the case with this dining set. I was itching to start it right away. We picked it up on Saturday and I completed it yesterday- 5 days flat.
The results are below. It's so cottage chic, and the chairs are just a bit modern too. Everything is in such perfect condition, so it was really pleasant to work on!
I switched the chairs out for another complete solid oak set that I had that I thought suited
the table dimensions a little better.











No comments:

Post a Comment