Tuesday, July 24, 2012

New Acquisitons!

Sorry it's been a couple days since the last post, but I do have some new and exciting things to show you from the flea market on Sunday and since. I got a fabulous antique early 20th century whirligig of a bird. It bobs when the windmill spins. It's so perfect and wonderful and fine pieces of folk art like this go for so much at antique shows. I also got an antique wrought iron garden sculpture and an incredible owl sculpture that will be ideal for the fall decor. I got a vintage maple dresser with funky original drawer pulls- to be a sideboard, and then today I scored an antique c.1870 sideboard that I'll turn into an island. The pictures are below. I'm working on several  projects at the moment, and should have some before and after pictures by the end of the week!
Antique oak dresser to be a kitchen island

Soooo adorable owl sculpture


Isn't he spooky staring down at you! I got him for $10!

Wonderful antique bird whirligig. It was handmade in East Hampton, CT about 75 years ago

So incredible. Only $8!!!


I love this garden sculpture and I think it's fairly antique. It still has remnants of its green paint. $20.


I'm going to add a barn board top to this, paint it white, and paint the drawer pulls black. It'll be such a unique and handsome sideboard! 

No comments:

Post a Comment