Sunday, September 23, 2012

A Dining Set for a Victorian Home

I picked this set up exactly a week ago. Somethings are just so good, they don't last in my inventory even a few days. This solid oak dining set was one of those cases. The base is spectacular - double pedestal with spool turnings between. The table itself had a beautiful top, just need to be sanded, stained, and re-sealed. I went with an english chestnut layered with red chestnut for the stain color. This was a custom set for a client who owns a c.1850 Victorian with a mansard roof. The house sits on picturesque farm land, and has a huge antique barn. If you've been reading this blog a while, you may recall that I want just such a house someday, in just such a setting. Someday...
The space the dining set is going into is cottage/shabby chic style, and decorated primarily in cool tones. We choose Benjamin Moore's white heron for the table base and matching solid oak chairs. It's a crisp fresh white with just the tiniest hint of a dove gray/blue undertone. The dining set was picked up last night. So there you go, in and out in less than a week!
A reminder that I'm always happy to do custom orders, just look at my 'before' section of the inventory page, or email me and let me know what you're looking for!
Before and Afters below!










1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10/11/2012

    How did you prep the top and base? It looks fantastic!! I have the same table and would love to do something similar.

    ReplyDelete