Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Green Light


This emerald green dresser started out with this crazy unfinished paint scheme, half white, half brown. Someone obviously started refinishing it and lost interest. It suited me fine. The multiple paint colors underneath made the distressing all the more interesting. I painted it a yummy deep green (one of my favorite colors), then distressed it and waxed it. The whole thing is solid chestnut. I refinished the top -look at that gorgeous wood grain! The dresser probably dates to about 1880. I think it would be adorable as a nightstand, in a hallway, or tucked just about anywhere. It's so cute! I adore the antique glass knobs. They add a little refinement to the piece.

Befores and afters below! This little guy needs a new home, so email me if you like it :)
























No comments:

Post a Comment