Monday, October 22, 2012

New Acquisitions

Believe it or not, the flea market was fabulous this morning. I know it's getting pretty late in the season for it, and I didn't have very high expectations, but it was one of the largest I've seen! Soooo much great stuff! Sadly, I got there a little late, and since I have to be to work by 930am, I had to hustle through.
Despite the time crunch, I found some wonderful things! I've got tomorrow off and I'll be working on furniture all day, so I should have some finished projects to show you by then too.
Enjoy the pictures below, and I hope you all managed to get outside this weekend and enjoy the wonderful fall weather. It'll be winter before we know it!
I got this wonderful set of c.1920 solid oak Queen Anne style dining chairs. I have the perfect dining set to put them with. This is one of the projects that I'm hoping to finish very soon.

I picked up this breathtaking vintage sideboard. Just picture it painted with the hardware re-done!

Sooooo many curves. So pretty!

I got am awesome pair of vintage side tables. These guys are really substantial, and weigh a ton. I think they'kk look perfect painted.


For myself I picked up a vintage wooden weathervane. The base has been repainted, but the arrow itself is in fabulous untouched condition. It was $10!!

Close up of the arrow. It's about 17 inches long.

I also got this gorgeous antique hooked rug. Probably c.1920-1940, it's the perfect period for my cottage, and I love the colors. Look at the butterflies too! I'm going to hang it on the wall over the headboard in my guest room.

love the butterflies.

And finally I got this sweet 19th century picture frame. I really adore the old chippy paint surface. And it's such a petite size, It'll be perfect to hang in some little space.

And I couldn't argue with the price. Didn't even try and haggle :)


No comments:

Post a Comment