Thursday, October 11, 2012

Rustic Jelly Cupboard

I picked up this little cupboard about two months ago from craigslist along with a great antique black blanket chest. I had considered using the cupboard in my upstairs bathroom, but I've decided to put in some built in storage under the eaves instead. I re-did this piece custom for a client who has a vacation home on the Cape. I've done a few other pieces for them including a coffee table set, dining table, and a couple dressers. We wanted to carry on the casual, beachy, antique theme with this cupboard. They choose Benjamin Moore's bachelor blue for the primary color. I painted it, distressed the paint surface a bit, and then added a little more depth to the color with a tinted wax. The knob is salvaged from an antique dresser drawer. Pretty cute right? I forgot to take a 'before' pic, but the 'after' is below.






3 comments:

  1. Soo cute! Love the colour that you chose. I just bought a jelly (I think!) cupboard, too, to use as storage in my craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I can't take credit for the color though. My clients chose it! But I agree, it's really pretty, somewhere between slate blue and dove gray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this primitive piece and the color!

    ReplyDelete