Friday, March 15, 2013

Decorating with Green

I'm going to be fairly busy tomorrow, and going up to the Connecticut Spring Antiques Show on Sunday, so I'm not sure if I'll have time to post again before St. Patrick's Day.
 I didn't want to miss an opportunity to celebrate my favorite FAVORITE color - Green, in all it's glorious shades and hues! I'm quite a bit more than 50% Irish, 3 of my five siblings are redheads, and I love Irish music- so St. Patrick's day is high on my list of holidays.
Below are a collection of photographs of beautiful green rooms.
Happy St. Patrick's Day! I don't generally drink beer (it tastes so yucky), but I'll have my share of Bailey's tonight. Cheers!
A beautiful cozy living room done in various shades of spring green here.

Lime green and sea foam add colorful charm to a country kitchen nook.

Stark white against kelly green subway tile looks absolutely amazing in this kitchen

Simple and restful, this large bathroom is an interesting combination of mid century modern furniture, painted floors, and mint walls.

Gorgeous dining room combines a fabulous chandelier, large scale botanical prints, and textured faux bois walls.

A farmhouse style kitchen packed with eclectic elements and topped off with a rich sage green on the walls.

What a wonderful spot to sit and enjoy a magazine and a cup of coffee. I really like the green drapes on green walls.

Stunning dining space with relatively sparse furnishings to let the color really shine,
 and that chandelier is magnificent.

Who'd have thought a picture of a toilet could be so pretty! Wainscoting in the bathroom always looks so nice.

A wonderful kitchen with paneled green walls, green cabinetry, and a lovely farmer's sink.

A chinoiserie night stand, emerald green headboard, and cow pillows. It sounds like too much, but somehow really works together in this bedroom.

Truly elegant dining room with saturated green walls gets visual height from a pair of antique mirrors.

Just my style. I love this antique hutch packed with beautiful ironstone and green plates.

And finally, a simply superb house climbing with ivy, green shutters, and a green door. A feast for the eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment