Monday, June 10, 2013

New Acquisitions

So, beyond all good reason, I woke up at 7am yesterday morning, the day after hosting a wedding that went until 2am, and drove over to the flea market. I'm so glad I did. I picked up some really cool items.
I got a very nice antique farm chair that sort of matches one I already have, I'm going to paint them to match, and they're now around my little kitchen table. The chair was $5. I picked up a cute little galvanized bucket for $2, just because. I also got the most incredible antique solid brass cheese grater. It's so folky and amazing- made in the shape of a hedgehog. I think it dates to about 1910. I got it from $8!! Finally, I snagged a wonderful vintage cherry dining set with six matching chairs and a leaf. I've already got it sanded (the top is unbelievably beautiful).
I picked up something else that was very very special, but I'll show you in a separate post in just a moment.











No comments:

Post a Comment