Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A Cottage Style Oak Dining Set

This set was so much fun to work on. I picked it up at a tagsale a couple weeks ago. It was in perfect condition, and just needed a new look. I painted the base and chairs with ASCP in Ochre, then waxed them. I wanted to show off the gorgeous oak of the chair seats and table so I sanded them down, stained them a dark walnut, and sealed them. This one's available and going in the shop.
Before and Afters below~


















This post is partying at:

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10/24/2013

    This is a beautiful redo! You've brought out the wood grain so nicely!
    Please stop by my blog when you have a moment!
    Delia of revivedbydelia.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the color you used! The gold is always so harsh to me. I love the richness of the walnut. That is one of my favorite stains to use. Beautiful job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love the wood and white combo - I'm featuring it in this week's PoPP Spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Maryann! I'm so delighted to be featured!

      Delete