Friday, January 31, 2014

Hints of Pink for Valentine's Day

Ah, we made it. The last day of January. Goodbye and good riddance! At least February has some marginally Spring-y holidays. Now as a rule, I don't do pink in my house...or red, or purple. It's mostly just greens and yellows. Which means I'm already set for St. Patrick's day. But if you're not as weird about colors as I am, you certainly could add little touches of pink around the house to give it a festive Valentine's day feel. Here are some of my favorite looks. I'm sincerely hoping to have a new furniture project to show you over the weekend. Oh, and I already bought a new bed. So that was fast. And I'll show you that tomorrow.
First, a basket flowers is an easy and instantaneous way to add a little romance to you home. 

I see these gorgeous mirrors on Craigslist all the time for so cheap. If my walls weren't already dripping with mirrors I would buy more and paint them for every season. Love the shell pink on this one.

I like how the rustic wrought iron bed in this room keeps things from getting out of hand cutesy.

Well you know, if I found something as smashing as this set of antique French canisters,
I would have to let pink into my house. 

A stunning little antique side chair.

I love how the hot pink is the only pop of color in the otherwise muted room here

This sweet little side table is simply to die for. And do you see that it's on casters!

In any shade, I love a tufted and painted settee

This lovely wreath really inspired me. I need to break out my glue gun and make a new Spring wreath. 

And my favorite room of all. Everything in this space is spectacular. I love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment