Monday, January 27, 2014

Paintings of the Sky

There are few things that I like about this time of year. It's cold and the days are short. I can't run outside and I can't paint furniture outside. The one silver lining is starting around now until the end of February I get treated to some of the most fantastic sunsets on my way home from work everyday. Something about the sky in late January and February makes for truly breathtaking cloud formations and color. Every year I look forward to it and it never disappoints. I'm thinking of using these sunsets as a little inspiration for art in my master bedroom. I've had the current artwork on either side of the bed up since before Halloween, and I'm ready for a fresh look for Spring. I'd like to put two huge canvas paintings of impressionist clouds up on the walls. Here are some beautiful examples. What helps you to get through these long winter months?
This muted painting of cloud formations adds a serene feel to a beautiful bathroom.

A loose and casual cloud painting is a pleasant backdrop for a pretty collection on top of a cupboard here.

I love how this large painting picks up the colors of the armoire in the other room so perfectly.

Believe me, if I had this sort of wall space in my bedroom, I would definitely hang a painting
as large and impressive as this one

This is exactly what I want- ethereal and serene, with just the right amount of color and movement.

A moody landscape over the mantel in this bedroom adds drama to an otherwise reserved space.

Another spectacular painting, with approaching thunderheads.

This sweet painting adds a bold pop of color to an bohemian eclectic hallway.

And I love this painting as well. It makes me long for summer in the worst way too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment