Monday, February 17, 2014

The Palest Pink and the Softest Gray

It was fashion week in New York last week, and my twitter feed has been jam packed with miraculous clothing collections that make a gal seriously re-evalutate the contents of her own humble closet. One of my very favorite shows was this one by Ralph Lauren for fall/winter 2014.It was basically the most sophisticated ballerina's wardrobe ever. I loved it, especially the colors- all faint blush and dove gray. These colors can look just as beautiful in a room, creating a simple peaceful space.

Everything cozy and elegant. Feminine but without frou frou or frills. Perfection.

I NEED these thigh high gray boots. 

Rustic and inviting indoor/outdoor seating area here

I adore everything above this bedroom from the palette to the architecture.

Another stunning bedroom here. That chunky knit throw is terrific.

This is my imaginary Oscars dress. So you know, if any handsome movie stars want to whisk me off to the Academy Awards this year, I've got a dress already picked out. xxx

The most subtle and elegant sheath dress,

Florals are tempered by rustic touches like the lamp and and chippy paint door-as-headboard in this space. 

Uggghhhh. Everything in this room. everything. But especially the chair, the chandelier, the bed, the mirror.
So, everything. 

I love the contrast of the frothy sheer curtains and the chunky outdoor bench here.

I know I've included this picture in previous blog posts, but it's just such a killer venetian mirror. 

And this settee is also a triumph. Gorgeous and casual. 

2 comments:

  1. I doubt I'll ever have a home with stone walls, but I love the color scheme in that living room! Also, next time it comes time to buy sofas, I won't settle for anything but a tufted one. I just love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ballet pink has always been my favorite color ever since I was a little girl. I am planning to use a blush/ballet/pink champagne color for my wedding, maybe accented with a soft gold? A grey like this also looks good. Loved this post because I just love those colors!

    ReplyDelete