Monday, June 23, 2014

A Dining Set for the Seaside

I'm in a beachy mood these days. Summer is here and we've had day after day after day of impeccable weather. I was inspired to re-finish this plain jane oak dining set with a little hint of classic New England Coastal. The paint is home made chalk paint- which is sooooo much fun to put together. I used Province Blue by Benjamin Moore, then distressed the set lightly, then waxed it with home made dark wax. The dark wax brings the blue down a few levels to an antiqued duck egg shade that I'm just obsessed with. I sanded, stained, and sealed all six chair seats and the table top. I hope this set goes to a vacation home with views of the water!

I also want to give a quick shout out to my dear friend, Leslie, who's recent AMAZING furniture work inspired me on this set. She's ridiculously talented and has been teasing the most amazing depth and energy from her furniture projects with the most incredible paint surfaces.

*Before*






















No comments:

Post a Comment