Tuesday, June 3, 2014

New Acquisitions and Flea Market Finds

Wow- it is absolutely spectacular out right now. My favorite kind of weather. And an added bonus, we're supposed to get some good thunderstorms this evening!
The weather was beautiful on Sunday too when I took a trip over to the flea market. I landed some pretty cool pieces for refinishing, and I couple things for my house too.
Here's what I got-

This set of antique chairs is in great condition. I'm going to build a custom farm table to go with them. What color do you think I should paint them???

This antique solid oak dresser is going to make an excellent kitchen island.

The sides and back are already paneled, and will look soooo good when it's all done.

At $5 I simply could not pass up this outstanding vintage brass tray. I've put it in my kitchen to hold our car keys- hopefully that will mean we'll misplace them less frequently.

And finally I snagged this gorgeous antique jacobean style armchair with yellow velvet upholstery. It was just $10.
I've put it on my enclosed front porch. Usually I'd paint something like this, but I'm on the fence. The wood is in really nice condition with a warm soft patina. 


1 comment:

  1. Good morning,
    I adore old furniture! They have so much potential and almost always "good bones".
    The landscape painting in the middle looks Swedish and even has a Swedish flag on it. How curious! Wonder where it came from and how it got there?
    Lovely blog and thank you for sharing.
    KInd regards, Anneli in Sweden

    ReplyDelete