Wednesday, July 23, 2014

French Linen Drinks Cabinet

This little antique cabinet didn't look like much at all when I got it. It was an ugly yellow with even uglier flowers on it. The inside was the same yellow with a strange piece of plastic framed on the inside (which I think was a low budget alternative to a mirror?).

I started working on this piece as soon as it arrived in my driveway on Sunday. It oozed potential from every inch- that scalloped apron, those splayed French feet, the roped molding along the lid, the original hardware. I love this piece. I painted it a French linen color, which took a multi-step layering process to get just the right color and texture. I painted the inside in a cheeky blue called sea spray. And finally, a little surprise for the inside, I painted the framed portion on the lid into a fully functional chalk board. This is literally the most perfect drinks cabinet. I want it for my own house, but it's bound for a new destination. Before and afters below!










No comments:

Post a Comment