Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A Handsome Trestle Table Set with Benches

Who doesn't love dining sets with benches! When I saw this set up for sale I knew I had to get it. The fact that it was more than an hour away didn't daunt me at all. It was even better in person than it had been in pictures. What's better, this set was hand made by a craftsman in Massachusetts about 60 years ago. The care he took to build this set for his family is apparent in the quality of construction and beautiful detailing.

I painted the table and bench bases a deep stormy gray with a heavy dose of blue undertones. It's currently my favorite color. I sanded, the bench and table tops, though leaving some of the wonderful character, and then stained them special walnut. I've got to admit, I'm thrilled with how it turned out!

*before*

*After!*


















1 comment:

  1. The table and benches turned out great! What a good eye you have. I wouldn't have looked twice at that table in it's "before" state.

    ReplyDelete