Monday, August 4, 2014

A Harvest Table Dining Set

I picked this dining set up during town wide tagsale almost two months ago. It was a daunting project- with eight chairs and a massive dining table, so I put it off for a little while. When I did finally start it I had to work on it in spurts. I have honestly no idea how much time I put into this, but it was easily my most time consuming project ever. I'm very pleased with the result, though- well worth all the hard work!
     The dining set is solid cherry. It was made by Pennsylvania House and still has the tags from the Connecticut Home Interiors store that initially sold it. I added a new pine top to give the piece a more rustic and organic feel. The chairs are painted with a custom mixed chalk paint in the palest, softest green, that I've named lamb's ear- as it's aaaalmost the same shade as the plants of the same name. After painting the chairs, I sanded them lightly with 220 grit sand paper to make them soft, then lightly distressed them to give them more character, then hand waxed and buffed each one with a custom made dark wax. I also recovered all the seats in a doe gray velvet. Pretty, right?
Before and afters below!
The table is 7 feet long and 46.5 inches wide, if you're interested.






















No comments:

Post a Comment