Monday, August 18, 2014

A Solid Oak Kitchen Island

I picked this handsome vintage kitchen island up at a house call a few weeks ago. The original owner told me it was bassett, though I couldn't find any markings on it. It's certainly high quality and well built. I sanded, stained, and sealed the top and painted the base in a rich gray, called Portland Twlight.
It measures 36 inches wide by 24 inches deep, and 34.5 inches tall.

Also- I forgot to show you my antique pig cutting board that I bought at the New Hampshire Antique Dealers Show two weeks ago, so I used it to stage the island :)










1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8/19/2014

    Kate~ This is beautiful. I give you credit that you can spot a diamond in the rough in a heartbeat. Great job at creating new life. You are such an inspiration for breathing new life into furniture. Thank you. Krys

    ReplyDelete