Thursday, September 18, 2014

A Bold Tiger Oak Dining Set

For this dining set I combined two things I love very much- this outstanding antique tiger out dining table, and a set of six of the chicest vintage bentwood bistro chairs. I believe the result is almost magical. I picked the table up at a local tag sale on Sunday. I couldn't wait to get started on it. Hidden underneath that old varnish was an unexpected treat- the top is solid oak, not veneer, and features the most exquisite tiger figuring I've ever seen. I painted the chairs and the table base a satin black, for some understated glamour, and to let the architecture of the table and chairs really shine. The table is 48" in diameter and has a leaf- too big for my little dining room- or I would have kept this beauty for myself!

*Before*


*After!*













1 comment: