Wednesday, September 10, 2014

A Cottage Pine Dresser in Dreamy Sage

I bought this antique pine dresser at a tag sale on Friday and wanted to start on it right away. I also knew I needed to keep it all for myself. I love the big turned knobs, the spool turned details up the front, and the curvy apron. I sanded the whole thing down added a top, painted it a custom mixed mossy green, liberally distressed and finished with a dark wax. It's in the guest room now, looking gorgeous.

*before*


*After!*









3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous makeover! My first inclination would have been to remove the wooden knobs but they actually look perfect left natural against the pretty sage. Like the larger top you added too. It's made me look at pine dressers with a different eye :)
    Marie@The Interior Frugalista

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you use latex paint and what kind of wax? It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy- Great question! I make my own chalk paint using starting with a high quality flat latex base. I also make my own dark paste wax. And I should point out that I stole both these brilliant ideas from my friend and neighbor Leslie, who's a genius!

      Delete