Friday, October 24, 2014

Cause I'm all About the Brass

Finally brass is coming back. I missed it- I can't help myself, I'm a bit magpie and I really like shiny stuff. As opposed to the brass of c.1995, which just oozed cheapness, the new brass has a richer, deeper tone, with significantly more patina and character. It's popping up in kitchen and bathroom fixtures and hardware, light fixtures and lamps, and decorative accessories. I've been on the brass train for a couple of years now (I know, I'm so hip I can barely stand it), and I mostly feature it in vintage brass animal sculptures that I tend to collect (magpie, again).

I want at least nine of these lamps

Such a classically sophisticated pairing of brass and gray in this kitchen.  I think I'll do a piece of furniture in this palette next week! 

This kitchen island is absolutely brilliant. The entire kitchen is the epitome of perfection with the industrial stools, the minimalist yet robust brass and marble island, the vintage pendant lights. I could die. 

Here the brass is in the kitchen again, but a little less in your face. The brass hood is truly lovely. 

Proof that brass does not have to be in stuffy traditional homes only. This flawlessly rustic space has both an antique candlestick and faucet in the most delicious deeply hued brass. 

I want a butler's pantry just like this so much, possibly too much. 

I would love to see all of these gorgeous brass pineapples in order by size on either a mantle or a sideboard- with a rustic wood framed mirror above them. 

One part Edison, one part mid century modern, this little lamp is every inch a masterpiece of restraint and beauty. 

I've have a few ho-hum ceiling fixtures that I'd like to replace. Having now seen this one, I think this is certainly the direction in which I should go! 

This rustic room has a little added sparkle with the addition of the vintage brass planter. 

And finally this effortlessly chic mid century modern space complete with gorgeous brass planters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment