Monday, December 1, 2014

Antiquing in Maine

It's so worth it. A four hour drive in my (honestly) crappy car. But it's so worth it. The antiquing on the Southern coast of Maine is just that much better than everywhere else. I had to exert a lot of self control not to cackle with delight throughout the day. My folks and I hit up something light eight antique shops, several of which were giant multi-dealer places. I tried to snap pictures of anything that caught my eye, but there really was too much to capture everything. Here are some favorites:

Gorgeous collection of vintage handbags.

Stunning Rococo mirror, with bonus Kate reflection

Vintage enamelware containers from an early 20th century soda shop. Picture them lined up on a counter in a country kitchen.

Such a pretty beaded bag

Exuberantly decorated plates. I'd hang them in a vertical line on a wall.

Adorable vintage hooked rug with swan motif.

Loved loved loved these book ends. I really wish I'd bought them :-/

Gorgeous antique oil on panel of water lilies

Handsome 19th century cupboard

delightful impressionist oil on canvas still life.

Another very pretty antique painting of water lilies. I wish I'd bought this one too.

Look how angry this fish looks. You can put fish on his platter but he's totally gonna judge you for it.

Another cheeky platter, with a lobster.

Nice rustic dry sink




No comments:

Post a Comment