Friday, February 13, 2015

Floral Friday

I was sick of winter before it even started, so you can just imagine how miserable I am at this point. It's two degrees out right now. TWO. And we've got another blizzard on the way tomorrow. I'm aching for all the things that make spring special. I try to be good and savor the anticipation, but really it's just miserable in Connecticut.  Here's some spring-y florals to help lift the spirits a bit!

It absolutely unbelievable that the landscape I can see out my window can ever again be transformed into this dream.
via

I adore this gown, pairing the perfect silhouette with bold watercolor florals.
via

A stunning tablescape for a spring brunch...though it certainly doesn't leave much room for food...
via

A beautiful country kitchen with a cheerfully casual bunch of flowers.
via

This room reminds me a great deal of my little sister. It's just her taste.
via

A gorgeous over the top print takes this chair from ho-hum to hot shot.
 It would certainly add cheer and cheek to any room!
via

Our lilacs bloom the second week of May. I look forward to that week all year. I cut huge bunches of them and put them in every room of the house.
via

The perfect bathroom.
via

This is everything I'm pining for right now- daffodils, the countryside, old brick cottages, Spring Spring Spring.
via

How absolutely amazing is this line of paper hanging lamps!!
via

This really makes me want to paint my kitchen cabinets in a pale mint green!
via

And finally, this bunch of flowers I arranged earlier this week because winter is driving me slowly into madness.


2 comments:

  1. Can you just imagine how lunch will taste at that table covered by blooming paperwhites? A floral flavor to everything? Do you suppose the bathtub is up on a little stage to accommodate the plumbing underneath?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kate, it's Kate. Just wanted to let you know that beyond all doubt, you made it through another winter. It's a gorgeous warm and sunny May evening here now. EVERYTHING is blooming.

    ReplyDelete