Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Antique Tall Chest in Green

Well. It's happened. I believe that I will never make another piece of furniture that I love quite as much as this tall chest... I knew as soon as I spotted it on craigslist that it was special. I just happened to receive in the mail the set of ten antique stamped brass pulls the day before I bought it. I bought them without a piece in mind, but goodness do they match this dresser perfectly.

 I mixed the deep handsome green/almost turquoise/a little bit emerald color, inspired by my favorite movie star, Aidan Turner. He's lovely and Irish and the color is called Aidan's Green. I fully removed the old veneer top then sanded, stained, and sealed the solid tulip poplar hiding beneath. I swapped the drawer pulls out, painted it, distressed it, and sealed it with a dark wax. I have no spot for this in my house, so one of you will need to give it a home, but perhaps you could send me Christmas cards with pictures of it from time to time ;-)












Cross Posted With:


Savvy Southern Style

1 comment: