Thursday, June 4, 2015

An Antique Server in Raspberry Sorbet

This server came with a group of furniture from a home in New Haven. I picked it up Saturday morning, carrying all the pieces down a curved staircase, out the front door, and to my truck, where I loaded them all by myself. By the time I was done I was exhausted, drenched with sweat, and perhaps a bit cross. It was worth it though, they're antique, made by Thomasville, mahogany, and simply beautiful. I'm almost done with the sideboard, but I decided to show you the server first. I custom mixed a new color for it, called Raspberry Sorbet, distressed, and dark waxed, and refinished the gorgeous mahogany top. I kept the bottom pulls but replaced the top two with antique single knobs with brass back plates, and then recolored all the pulls in Grecian gold. I won't lie, I'm absolutely in love with this piece, and hope sincerely that it finds a good home!














Cross Posted With:

The Dedicated House

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this color. Some people have a problem painting wood, but I love how the paint brings out the details. I almost always prefer painted pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I wish I was shopping and that it was finding a good home with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love everything about this piece! Great job!

    ReplyDelete