Monday, June 15, 2015

Flea Market Finds and New Acquisitions

It was a glorious morning for a flea market yesterday. The morning cool was still laying over the fields, a welcome break before the heat that baked the state later in the day. It was one of the biggest flea markets I've seen at Mansfield in the five years I've been going- rows upon rows upon rows of vendors. I spent all my cash and had to hit up the atm at the back of the field ($4.00 convenience fee!? Yikes!!). I snagged loads of cool and unique things- some for me, and some for you.
Here's what I found.
Solid Cherry Ethan Allen China Hutch

Solid Pine Step Back Cupboard, made in Vermont

Pair of antique solid mahogany side tables

Antique mahogany tall chest

Another vintage coach bag for my collection

A vintage amethyst bowl for my friend Becca, Who (I've decided) should be collecting amethyst glass.

A wicked cool antique oil on canvas still life. It's huge- four feet tall and 2 and half feet wide!

Stunning antique set of solid cherry dining chairs

Superb mid 18th century William and Mary pine blanket chest. For my parent's 18th century farmhouse.

And finally this wonderful antique watercolor signed Rose Padula and dated 1938. Padula was born October 6th 1912, the daughter of Joseph and Angela (Sinsigalli) Padula. She was one of four children. She married Charles F. Dolan in 1940 and worked for many years as an artist, sculptor, and art teacher. She passed away at the age of 98 in 2011. 

1 comment:

  1. It's always amazing to see how you transform the pieces you buy to paint.
    I bet you already have in mind the colors you will use on each one.

    ReplyDelete