Thursday, August 6, 2015

A Sideboard In Deep Red

Sometimes when I get a piece of furniture, I know instantaneously how I'd like to refinish it. This was one of those cases. I picked up this great antique walnut sideboard last Friday and fell head over heels for it as soon as I saw it. I knew KNEW it had to be re-done in a rich warm red. Benjamin Moore's Autumn Apples was the perfect shade, so I mixed it into a chalk paint and got to work. I sanded, stained, and sealed the top, painted, distressed, and waxed the case. I kept the original wooden pulls since they suit the piece so well. I staged the sideboard with what else but autumn apples fresh and local from our fantastic East Hampton nursery, Paul and Sandy's. And a big shout out to my neighbor Donna who found some great early autumn maple leaves to make the photo shoot even prettier!







No comments:

Post a Comment