Tuesday, September 8, 2015

A Hutch for Becca

One of my very best friends moved into a lovely new home a few weeks ago, and together she and I have been filling it with furniture. She had a group of pieces that she'd inherited through family that she wanted to keep, but only if they could lose their dated look. I happily took on this spectacular hutch, one of my favorites I've ever worked on (solid oak!), and we put our heads together to color scheme. Becca choose a pale soft blue inside and out and the top sanded, stained, and sealed a medium tone, to go with other pieces that will be in her dining room. I forgot to take a before shot and so to make up for it, I staged the hutch twice- once for summer and once for fall, since its starting to look like fall but it still feels like the dog days of summer in Connecticut.








No comments:

Post a Comment