Tuesday, September 8, 2015

A Mid Century Modern China Hutch

I know I've been showing you a lot of custom work lately, but this is certainly my season for it, as people start to think about entertaining, and readying their home for the holidays, I get a full roster on custom work and don't have as much time to devote to doing pieces 'on spec'. This piece, is however, available for purchase, at least at the typing of this post. It, like several other pieces I've shared with you  this week, came from a wonderful mid 20th century ranch in West Hartford, It's walnut, and in beautiful condition. I painted the case in a custom mixed green named 'Weathervane', and the interior in a moody cream with just a hint of green. I replaced the drawer pulls with a salvaged mid 20th century French Provincial brass set, to lighten it a little and soften some of the hard lines.






No comments:

Post a Comment