Sunday, October 4, 2015

A Classic Farmhouse Dining Set

It's been a week since I posted, which is foul, neglectful, and downright inexcusable. I'm so sorry guys. It rained straight for about every minute of last week, which was lovely as we needed it desperately, but put the brakes on my furniture adventures. In all fairness, I have a workshop in which I can work, but it's overcrowded at the moment, and also, damn it's miserable to sit on a cement floor and try to paint in chilly damp weather.

         But today the sun came out, and since I was a trooper and did paint in that clammy weather, I have a fabulous new dining set to share with you. I purchased the vintage solid pine table at the flea market two weeks ago. I got the set of six Queen Anne cherry chairs from a wonderful MCM house in West Hartford. They were built c.1965 by the Blowing Rock Furniture Company.

        I painted the chairs and table base in a matte black, lightly distressed along the edges, and added a new glorious chunky pine top to the farm table. I upholstered the chairs in a gray that leans heavily towards slate, though there is just a hint of green in the fabric in the right light.

         It's all set for a new home and I know one of you needs this for your Thanksgiving Dinner!!










2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10/04/2015

    What are the dimensions of the table?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops, forgot to put the piece up with the dimensions on the inventory tab! The table is 31 inches tall, 41 inches wide, and 6ft long. The legs are removable for transport.

      Delete