Wednesday, October 21, 2015

A Queen Anne China Hutch in Blue and Cream

I got this elegant china hutch from the flea market a few weeks ago and one of my friends approached me to refinish it custom for her. She's been looking for the perfect piece for her bathroom, and this fit the bill! Now this particular friend also happens to be a gifted designer and antiques dealer so I was not just a little intimidated to do some work for her. She had admired a color I'd used previously on a vanity and highboy, a custom mixed blue called 'Deep End' so we selected that for the exterior and a nice warm cream for the interior. I sanded stained and sealed the tulip poplar shelves and distressed and waxed the case. The pull and escutcheon are likely original but the lock is a lovely mid century copper affair that replaced the first one.






No comments:

Post a Comment