Monday, October 12, 2015

A Vintage Dresser and Bed for a Girl's Room

Today I finished up a fun projects with a color I don't get to use very often (Pink!). I refinished a wonderful vintage maple bed and a vintage cherry veneer and tulip poplar dresser for a client's daughter's room. Pink is the young lady's favorite color so of course we opted for two fresh bold shades for her bedroom. The dresser is in Benjamin Moore's Pomegrante, mixed into a chalk paint. I then cut that color back with an antique white for a wholly unique shade for the bed, which our lovely young client has appropriately named 'Strawberry Milkshake'.
        On the dresser we opted to keep the center raised portion of the drawers in wood, refinished, as the grain of the veneer is flawless and spectacular. I also sanded, stained, and sealed the top. The bail brass pulls are original, though brightened up a bit with Grecian Gold rub n buff to better match the brass foot caps. The case has been distressed and dark waxed. On the bed I sanded the whole piece down to encourage the highest level of adhesion, applied the paint, distressed, and waxed.










No comments:

Post a Comment