Tuesday, December 1, 2015

An Antique Mahogany Dresser in Blue

This was a fun little custom project for a client. She plans to turn the little dresser into a bathroom vanity for a half bath. It should be perfect for that. We searched for a while for just the right color, a blue that had a little green in it, not too light, not too dark. When we couldn't find a pre mixed shade I went ahead and mixed the client a custom color, called 'Weathervane'. We swapped the pierced Chippendale pulls out for glass knobs but kept the sweet escutcheon plates. The mahogany veneer top had some damage that prevented it from being refinished back to wood, but I think I like it better painted anyway. I lightly distressed it and finished it with my custom dark wax. It has a nautical feel, I think, so I staged it with some coastal antiques from my own collection including that fantastic vintage ship portrait print, which I scored on Sunday at the goodwill for $3.99.
       Happy December! I think it's going to be a warm winter, which is oh so fine with me!







No comments:

Post a Comment