Monday, February 1, 2016

A Bohemian Cottage Dining Set

First, can we talk about this weather?! I've got both bay doors of my workshop thrown wide open and I'm enjoying the soft warm breeze that's swirling in. It feels like mid April, not the first day of February, and I couldn't be happier about it. I'm not a winter person at all, and this has been the best damn non-winter EVER.

          So here's a bright little dose of cottage-y spring. It's an antique c.1915-1930 oak dining set with equal parts southwestern and art deco influence. It's cute as a button, but was in desperate need of an update when I bought it off craigslist. The table had been used for arts and crafts and was marked, dinged, water stained, and covered in glitter. I sanded the top and did the center panel in paint before sealing, just for a bit of fun and contrast. The chairs are glorious. I sanded them up, painted them in a custom mixed soft taupe named 'Raw Terracotta' drawn right from the delicious bohemian upholstery that I scored at my local fabric store. I distressed all the painted surfaces and sealed with wax. The perfect cottage kitchen dining set, or so perfect for seating on an enclosed porch!













1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a transformation. I absolutely love the color and the bohemian look! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete