Friday, February 12, 2016

An Antique Oak Dresser Turned Media Console

This was such a fun and satisfying project for one of my favorite clients. After seeing a piece I had done back in November she approached me with the idea of turning a family piece, a late 19th century oak dresser with poorly functioning drawers and a badly stained top into a farmhouse style media console. I've done a handful of these pieces for clients over the last few years and they're always exciting as the end result is so dramatic. I just scrolled through every picture of mine and am kicking myself because I don't have a 'before' picture on this one, but I think you can kind of imagine the typical old oak dresser that this once was.

       So we agreed upon a creamy yellow for the interior, and a lightly distressed black for the exterior, a color scheme we used to great effect on another family piece of hers, a large hutch, which you can view here---> http://heirandspace.blogspot.com/2015/07/a-vintage-hutch-in-black-and-pale-yellow.html . I sanded, stained, and sealed the top, and added pine shelves where the drawers had been. Now it's pretty as a picture!
   







No comments:

Post a Comment