Monday, May 30, 2016

A Pine Server in Green

This was a fun piece to work on. It's a pine server by the Bombay Company with lovely turned legs and a neat fretted low shelf. These pieces are so handy, you can use them as sideboards, sofa tables, in a kitchen for extra counter space, as a media console, as a hallway table, or even as a bathroom vanity!
       I hadn't painted anything in a true green in a long long time and I'd been itching to. This is a new custom mixed green that's one shade of teal light of kelly green. I've named it 'Monet's Garden'. I painted it top to bottom, and let me tell you, that shelf took FOREVER. Since the piece already had a French Provincial feel, I went with a pair of ornate salvaged drawer pulls with an old white paint on them. Them white pops against the green so nicely! I refinished the pine top to bring the wood grain out, and to contrast more with the green. I lightly distressed the paint and sealed it with wax.









No comments:

Post a Comment