Tuesday, May 10, 2016

A Vintage Desk Turned Vanity

Two back to back posts today, because when the weather is this nice I can just rip through one project after another! I bought this sweet vintage handmade pine desk on Saturday morning. It was supposed to be Portland's town wide tagsale day, but it was almost entirely a washout. I happened to find the desk tucked in a corner of a barn sale, and snapped it up.
             I wanted to give the piece a bit more pizzazz. It was cute, but oh so simple. Then inspiration hit me. I had tucked away a wonderful antique mirror that I had removed many months ago from a dresser I turned into a kitchen island for a client. The mirror suits the shape and style of the desk perfectly, boom instant cottage chic vanity. I replaced the boring knobs with nickel cup pulls, sanded, stained, and sealed the yummy pine top, and refinished the mirror to match. The old glass in the antique mirror is pretty and perfectly aged.









No comments:

Post a Comment