Sunday, June 19, 2016

A Set of Antique Cottage Chairs

I've said it before, and I apologize if I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but one of the best things about my journey with Heir and Space has been the friends I've made along the way. I'm so grateful for all the wonderful people I've met and some of you have become good friends of mine. This set of chairs was for a good friend, a lovely gal who lives in town and shares my passion for the arts, and is also a small business owner. Last summer I re-did a cute little antique oak table for her and we'd been on the lookout for a nice set of antique chairs to compliment it ever since.

         A couple weeks ago she stopped by and spotted a sweet pair of c.1890 press-back oak chairs I had just scored. She had another pair of her own, and together as a set of four, they're cute as a button. We matched the yellow from the table I did last year, and I refinished the chair seats because you got have at least some oak showing when it's this pretty!!







No comments:

Post a Comment