Thursday, October 27, 2016

A Vintage Pine Hutch in Green

Brrrrrrrr!!!! It is brisk today! Only 9:20am and I've already reorganized my workshop and carried half my inventory back into my workshop before the snow starts in (yes you read that right SNOW!). AND I managed to stage and photograph this wonderful vintage pine hutch already this morning. But once I'm done firing up my social medias with its minty-goodness, I'm taking the rest of the day off!!

          The hutch is about fifty years old, and refinished custom for a client. It was inspired by a sideboard I did for him a couple months ago. I sanded, stained, and sealed the top in a medium warm tone, and painted the case in a custom mixed rich green named "Endless Sea". The backboard is another custom mixed shade, a linen I've named "Pressed Tablecloth". I love that linen color so much I think I'm going to use it on a sweet little antique dresser I'll be working on next week.

            I swapped the clunky dorky faux Chippendale pulls for sleek and sophisticated vintage bail brass pulls salvaged from another project and recolored all the hardware in copper for a bit of sass and sparkle. I liberally distressed the painted surfaces and then sealed it with dark wax. I love how this one turned out!!






No comments:

Post a Comment