Monday, October 31, 2016

All about the Graining

When Carl the Furniture Guy lugged this stunner off the back of his trailer and onto my driveway I just about had a heart attack. What a looker! This c.1920 dresser and mirror had seen better days and was dinged, scratched, and stained, but under the old darkened varnish I could see some absolutely spectacular wood- highly figured flame walnut and burled walnut veneer! But it was so dirty and mucked and faded that you could barely even see it! Now that's a shame. Luckily a client snapped this piece up for custom refinishing and she agreed that we should refinish both the top and the drawer fronts back to wood to show them off to their best advantage! I painted the rest of the case in a custom mixed antique white, one of my most requested colors of the season, distressed and waxed it. We opted to keep the original pulls because they're picture perfect for the piece.








No comments:

Post a Comment